Big Brother

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I haven’t seen it. It came out when I was travelling round the world. I became aware of it in 2003, but have never watched it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In the early days of BB, my wife was really into watching it. I must have seen a few minutes here and there, but never actively planned to sit down and watch a whole episode.
After a few series, my wife concluded that, by then, all the players went into the house with deliberate strategies on how to win, and she gave up watching at that point. It had ceased to be a "social experiment" and had just become a long drawn out gameshow, or maybe freak show....
I am similar to your wife. I watched the first 2 series. That was 21 years ago now.
It was originally a social experiment and the people inside were very normal and had no expectation of future fame and fortune.
Once they began introducing ‘characters’ who were looking to be controversial I gave up.

I am vaguely aware of the lady who died. She was exactly the sort of person who would struggle with life afterwards. These programmes just use them for their 15 minutes of fame. Sad really.

I’m sure Love Island is the same now, but I don’t watch it.

Top Bottom