Big Decisions

Where do I go?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
After an interview process of a few weeks I have been offered a job in London...

So now I have three choices:

1: London - Industry I don't like much, but am good at the work and the money is good/steady - The safe option

2: Prishtina - Interesting place with lots of potential. But working with my Dad and a lot of randomness to deal with, plus starting over again and having to make new friends

3: Kampala - The big risk, would have to spend money on a start-up idea, but if it works it could make me very rich

Any thoughts?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Is no 2 a fall back option in case no 3 did not work out ?

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
None of them are really fall back options, the big variable is risk (financial, not worried about bombs and so on)

I do love living overseas, but the London job is a pretty safe option, Kampala is a massive gamble, and Prishtina is all good but potentially a bit boring, I don't know...

4F

I could never work with my dad as he would do my head in after a few months so I could never do option 2.

What's the cycling like in Uganda ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I voted Uganda as I figured you don't seem that keen on living in the UK, and I enjoyed visiting there many years ago whereas I don't know Pristina but the working with my Dad idea (whilst I love him very much) would send me mad.

U

User169

I've voted to Pristina as well. I've only been there once but it had a nice vibe. I've never been to Uganda but I'd be very happy to live in London again if the house prices fell by about 70%!

I can do you a good deal on a house in Hackney Uncle M!

4F

Right I have gone for Kampala based on the mid term comment, London will still be here when you get back

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Without knowing which industry or which line of work - or your attitude to risk - it's impossible to tell.

Top Bottom