Big G Cyclosportive 2012 - Saturday 21st July 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Having hurt my knee on Saturday/Sunday I'm waiting to see whether I'm doing the 100k or the 160k. It seems I can decide on the day, so that's probably what I'll do.

The 'middle third' of the 160 is a killer (for your knees/lungs/heart/brain), it's hill, after, hill, after...

'Hanging Grimston' the worst hill in the middle, is so called because, it's 'grim' & 'hanging' is seen as a lesser punishment

the 100k is more enjoyable, but still challenging enough

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Thanks - I've e-mailed them and I'll be able to decide on the day. At the moment it's looking like the 100k rather than the 160k.

Edit: the knee's not recovered. Unfortunately I'm out.

craigwend

Thanks - I've e-mailed them and I'll be able to decide on the day. At the moment it's looking like the 100k rather than the 160k.

Edit: the knee's not recovered. Unfortunately I'm out.

Sorry to hear that, hope you recover soon, can always ride it for 'free' at a later date...

I've been 'resting' my knee a bit recently having 'tweeked' it a bit back, though feels okay now

I don't remember ordering the rain today :rain: , hoping the route would dry out a bit more...
BIG-G was on the TV this morning, but youngest child managed to stand in front of the TV and talk over the piece:banghead: .

:sun: See everyone else tomorrow :bicycle:

craigwend

1 minute slower than last year, damn that well stocked cake stop!
upload_2014-5-29_20-33-18.png

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I reckon if you'd not stopped to pose for a photo you would have beat last years time :laugh:
I felt surprising good today & felt quite quick compared to normal, even passed on the feed stop this year. I didnt bank on it being so hot though & have some rather fetching tan lines :shy:

craigwend

I reckon if you'd not stopped to pose for a photo you would have beat last years time :laugh:
I felt surprising good today & felt quite quick compared to normal, even passed on the feed stop this year. I didnt bank on it being so hot though & have some rather fetching tan lines :shy:

Just waiting at the top of thixendale, me posing surely not:becool:

I have rather fetching neapolitan tan & wasp bite
100_6463.jpg

Saw andy- though he said you forgot your shoes?:cursing:

results
http://www.sportstimingsolutions.co.uk/sportive_results_master.php?recordID=The Big G 100k 2012

Wish I'd been there :sad:
Was that actually a blue sky overhead? At a cycling event? Bizarre.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Sorry guys I couldn't make it - too many family events all happening on the same day so the ride had to be sacrificed - as it was I ended up being more knackered than I would have done riding the Big G ... :laugh:

Top Bottom