Big HELLO from Lancashire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanf

Hi.

I have just signed up for a bit of cycle chat!

I have been cycling since the age of 3 on a budgee then a Raleigh Striker, Grifter, lots of BMX's, a few racing bikes , then mountain bikes (got far too many) even had a dibble with a unicycle! I worked in a bike shop back in the mid 90's for a few years too so theres not a lot I dont know about the whole scene. Now I have a child plus another on the way its taken a back seat but soon as the kids are old enough I will get back out there. I still however get to the Mountain Bike trails in North Wales and the Lakes to its not all bad! I have a few bikes to sell so expect a few in the for sale section.

All the best
Alan.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Alan, welcome to CC!

There are lots of riders from Lancashire on the forum and I've ridden with quite a few of them. I organise several hilly forum road rides a year in North & West Yorkshire, and the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire. You'd be welcome to come along on one if you fancy it.

Whereabouts in Lancashire are you? (You could be fairly close to me, or many miles away - it's a big county!)

OP
OP
A

alanf

Thanks for the welcome.

Im near Lytham on the Fylde coast. I would be up for a ride sometime this year, I often go through the trough and down to Dunsop bridge.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would be up for a ride sometime this year, I often go through the trough and down to Dunsop bridge.
That would be good.

We have done a clockwise loop from Whalley to Longridge Fell, Chipping, Oakenclough, round over the Trough to Dunsop Bridge, then Newton, Waddington Fell, cafe in Waddington and back to Whalley again. That's the kind of thing we will probably do again this year. If you didn't want to meet us at Whalley, perhaps we could meet up at Chipping part of the way round?

It would be in a few months time, maybe mid-May. (I'd like to get fit enough again to ride from Hebden Bridge to Whalley and back as well.)

OP
OP
A

alanf

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yes I will be on for that Trough ride for sure. I think a car journey to Chipping will be in order tho.... We have a 13 month old baby boy and another on the way in April so biking hasnt been a priority recently so I will need to build up the fitness levels in time for May! I'm also selling my Dolan racing bike to get one a little bigger, it has a mountain bike rear cassette specially for the Trough!!

Top Bottom