BIG mistake....my own fault!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
yikes

what side of the road were you on at the time? I hate the people pulling out from behind buses to pass it, invariably not knowing what's oncoming

although if you've committed yourself to a piece of road unseen ... could have been worse

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Reminds me of a quote I heard, when I was into martial arts.

Real adrenaline is brown.....

Tetedelacourse

EMD it nearly happened to me this morning! Or should I say, I f**ked up today.

Instantly thought of you afterwards. Which is odd as I only have a virtual image of your hooked arm.

Right at the start of my commute, the stretch of road that runs down the side of the dockyard at Rosyth. Steepish short hill which gets my speed up past 50kph, nice start. Traffic was queued and stationery at the bottom of it and no room to the left. Nothing coming the other way so I began making my way along the outside. I got to within 2 cars of a double decker when I spotted a van coming the other way. Definitely wasn't going to make it past the bus before the van got to the pinch point so had to hit the brakes and slot in behind the bus. Road was a bit greasy so I travelled sideways for a few metres and came to a halt just in time. Didn't hit the bus and the car behind wasn't near but jeezo I bricked it.

Tete, you don't live in the MOD estate do you??

I cycled home last night with my injured arm, sh_t it hurt like hell. 13 miles of agony, every bump felt like someone shoving a hot knife into the gash. Had to get the train in this morning!! Not going to be on the bike for a few days me thinks!! The bruise around the cut is MASSIVE!!

Tetedelacourse

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
We demand pictures!

Careful Jac - I demanded them then nearly came a cropper myself! Easier to believe in karma than own up to my own stupidity I suppose.

EMD no I don't live in it but nearby. I walk my dog in there, seems as good a place as any to take the mutt for a dump.

Top Bottom