Big "Thank you" to Secteur owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
As said earlier, time for a revival of the Secteur Owners club - we could form a breakaway group of the West Mids Faction.

Martin

I no longer wish to be associated with the Secteur owners club, now that Paul has formed a breakaway 'Elite' section.
Pure snobbery
tongue.gif

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Snob?

Moi?

NEVER!!! Just proud on me bike!

Any-hoo, just been out for my first ride with the 23mm contis on, just a little 10 miler.

And the conclusion is... No real difference to be honest. The bike did have the extra weight of the rack, bag and cruds, as well as 15 stone of me (plus a bit extra for christmas) but the bike felt the same. No noticable extra harshness, no noticable extra speed. If I didnt know they had been changed then it wouldnt have been detectable, if Im being really picky I could say it seemed to acceletate better, but that could just be psychological. Certinly hasnt made it worse and the cruds not rubbing is really nice.

As prices for the tyres stand now, I would go for the Durano plus's, probably the folding version to keep the weight down.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hi,

Just got myself a Sectuer Elite! :smile: Very happy!

I would like to say thanks to all the Sectuer owners (and verenti kilmeston owners) that replied to my PMs and contributed answers to my threads.
It was a close run thing between the Secteur and Kilmeston, but a having had test ride on the secteur it felt just right, and the seal was done. Its a 2010 model and there was already £200 off and I couldnt wangle any more, but Im still happy with the deal.

One more question... How do I change my forum name to PaulSecteur?

Missed this thread when it was first started, nice to hear you found something you liked and are happy with it.

Top Bottom