Bike advice (torn between 3 bikes - Giant Defy -- Cube Peleton Race -- Felt z75)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robby75

Hi guys I've been cycling a while now on my old appollo TDF100, soon I'l be upgrading through cycle to work scheme. This year Im planning to ride some sportives namely the wales velethon and the Tenby velethon, Im looking a 3 bikes for my upgrade, these are 1. giant defy 0, 2 Cube peleton race, and 3 Felt z75. all are under 1K and have compacts groupsets, has anybody got any advice or ridden these. I'll try to ride all 3 before I buy, but is there any concerns around reliability etc to take into account. Cheers..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the Giant is the only one that comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame

As a C2W bike, you might also want to check clearance for decent mudguards for the commute

Other than that, but the one that fits you properly and makes you smile

Mrs M

Guru
All decent bikes :smile:
I had my Giant for 18 years then gave it away, currently have a Felt and hub has a Cube.
Best try them out and pick the one that whispers "buy me".

OP
OP
R

robby75

thanks my company only has access to one retailer for their c2w scheme so the planet x is out...no need to worry about mud guards!! :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got the Giant defy as it was a special sale price which I couldn't ignore..........and I do like it very much BUT..........I really like the look of Cube bikes and they do seem to be better spec'd for the money than most (maybe all) other bikes.

Twotter

I test rode a Defy and a Cube Peloton. Ended up going for a shiny red Cube Peloton SL based on it being a bit more comfortable and I liked the colour :smile:

AAddict

Regular
I test rode a Defy and a Cube Peloton. Ended up going for a shiny red Cube Peloton SL based on it being a bit more comfortable and I liked the colour :smile:

I was surprised how upright and comfy the Cube Peloton and Agree bikes are, I thought they looked head-down arse-up until I tried them. Nice bikes and good specs for the money IMO.

OP
OP
R

robby75

yeah i do need something comfy at my age! and be able to get me up these welsh hills!

Tractorboy

I'm looking at the Defy 0 and the Felt Z75 disk as well as the Synapse 105 disk which is the same price. Trying to find somewhere that has the Felt available is the challenge at the moment b ut the other two are available in my LBS to have a good look at. I will be interested to know what you go for in the end ^_^

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Iv owned a Defy and now have a Felt Z85 and quite honestly I wouldn't go for anything other than Felt again. Fantastic bikes !
Awesome value for money and very well put together with a good finish. I live in west wales and it's brilliant on the hills, very comfy. Saying that I would say you've chosen 3 good bikes to pick from. Enjoy shopping

I got the Giant defy as it was a special sale price which I couldn't ignore..........and I do like it very much BUT..........I really like the look of Cube bikes and they do seem to be better spec'd for the money than most (maybe all) other bikes.
Have a look at Merida.

Dark46

Veteran
Out of the 3 I would buy the Giant as they come with lifetime warranty on the frame. The Z75 colours put me off when I was looking Tbh.

For the money you can't go wrong with the Giant as it's a good light weight aluminium frame running on ultegra. Unless you were going carbon which is have just bought. The only other bikes in the running was the Defy 0

OP
OP
R

robby75

thanks for the responses guys I've just had a look at the company i can order from an unfortunately no felts. i do like the colour scheme though! ill see if they are able to order! ill let you know how I get on!

vickster

Legendary Member
Which company is it? You may find you can get a better deal and bike buying a 2014 reduced model on credit or an interest free credit card

If buying on tic or c2w, don't forget to budget for insurance

Top Bottom