Bike Bag on Greater Anglia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Odie54321

Hello

I just wondered if anyone had experience of taking a bike bag (or even just a very large suitcase) on the Greater Anglia train from Norwich to London. I realise I will probably need to stand with it in the vestibule (as it's not going to fit in the luggage racks) but I wasn't sure whether this would be frowned upon or if the guard may want me to move. I don't imagine that a bike bag can be put it in the guard's van (i.e. if I make a cycle reservation but turn up with the bag and not a whole bike). I will avoid peak times.

I have tried asking Greater Anglia and their response was vague at best.

Thank you

D

Deleted member 26715

Probably not of any use to you, but I have traveled a couple times on Virgin Trains from Retford into London on the way to Gatwick with a cycle bag. Only concern was although they assisted putting it in the guard carriage at the front, when getting into Kings Cross I had to go into the guards van & remove it myself. There were no guards or for that matter anybody there, presumably they go for a brew, but logically somebody else could have got on the train & walked off with my bike before I got to the van if somebody knew it was there. This happened on both occasions.

Top Bottom