Bike/BB/Crankset Compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
I have an Equillibrium Disc 20, though I didnt have any major complaints about the stock BB, when it started grinding I replaced it with a Shimano 105/Ultegra one and have had many thousands of happy miles since.

iluvmybike

Über Member
On Hopes you just remove the cups as normal, tap the bearings out (Hope have a nice tool specifically for removal & installation which makes it dead easy), fit new ones and replace cups

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
I have an Equillibrium Disc 20, though I didnt have any major complaints about the stock BB, when it started grinding I replaced it with a Shimano 105/Ultegra one and have had many thousands of happy miles since.
Yeah, if memory serves that model came with a Shimano (rather than FSA) crankset, so presumably your stock BB would have been a Shimano too. Or certainly something less crap than the Mega-Exo b*llocks fitted to mine.

On Hopes you just remove the cups as normal, tap the bearings out (Hope have a nice tool specifically for removal & installation which makes it dead easy), fit new ones and replace cups
That sounds like something even I could do. I think I'll invest in the Hope after all, and get the bearing tool ordered and some Youtube vids fired up. Thanks.

Top Bottom