Bike buddies - Brough / Hull / East Torks ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Helen I think it was a B ride and they went to Thixendale. I left them there and made my own way home as I had to get back. My computer logged 70 miles.

If we are to arrange a group ride would everyone be ok with a Saturday or Sunday. Probably better to go in daylight if there is a few of us and could get a longer ride in.

Any thoughts on a meeting point
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
D

dogfood

Regular
Def b interested in group ride; saturdays or sundays suit me. Let me know when u plan to do one. My mobile is 07767615117

zacklaws

Guru
Hi there, Im a newbie looking for a bike buddy/buddies in and around Brough, East Yorks/. Just started road biking 6 weeks ago, but now totally hooked. Looking for buddies for rides at weekends.

I'll be out this Wed's, Thurs and Friday, first thing in the morning, providing it is not too icy but all the rides will be around 60+.

Have you considered joining the Hull Thursday Club, I think its only about £12 per annum, they have plenty of rides out. I've been planning to for past three years but never got round to it.

teletext45

I'm from beverley doing about 15-20 miles at the mo (been riding 3 weeks) looking for a riding partner if anyones interested...

andy

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hey Gerry,

Sounds good, hopefully we can all arrange something.

Changing the subject, I've entered the Lincolnshire Grand Prix sportive (7th May). Are you doing it?

I didn't know about the Lincoln Sportive, but sadly I can't do it due to other commitments.

zacklaws

Guru
I may look at doing the 90+ mile Lincoln Grand Prix myself, I have the day off and don't think I have anything else planned.

Tomorrow I'm off up Thixendale, Bishop Wilton and Nunburnholme way to do some of the hills but its more of a recce and go steady than anything else to see what damage has happened to the roads due to the cold weather, I don't want to be caught out by a big pot hole on one of the fast descents before I start doing regular runs again in that area. Plus I do not know how much ice is left on the roads, I did hear there was still a lot left on some of the steeper hills.

Hopefully it will be a frost free night, sacked today's ride and went to bed straight after night shift and woke up too late to get a longish ride in and not worth getting bike dirty for just a short ride before dark

copper585

can def recommend beverley velo club, have just joined, only £12 for the year, good set of friendly lads,sunday runs meet at beverley leisure centre for a 0900 start.

Top Bottom