Bike buddies - Brough / Hull / East Torks ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dogfood

Regular
Hi there, Im a newbie looking for a bike buddy/buddies in and around Brough, East Yorks/. Just started road biking 6 weeks ago, but now totally hooked. Looking for buddies for rides at weekends.

Fran143

Über Member
:hello: Hey Dogfood,

Welcome to CC. It might be worth looking at the members map to see if anyone else is from your area.:thumbsup:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
We used to have a few group rides from Hull, but I cant make them at the moment, if i'm off at weekends, i'm on childminding duties at the moment :blush:
Maybe looking at organising an evening ride from Beverley next month sometime if thats any interest to you :thumbsup:

fee

Hi what sort of mileage are you doing, they have rides that are organized by the ctc they leave from cottingham on Sundays, also sometimes from the humberbridge. I live in hull and work in brough.

OP
OP
D

dogfood

Regular
Hi what sort of mileage are you doing, they have rides that are organized by the ctc they leave from cottingham on Sundays, also sometimes from the humberbridge. I live in hull and work in brough.

About 17 miles

Shaun

Founder
Welcome from a fellow Yorkshireman (well, I think Hull is Yorkshire now isn't it?).

I've moved this to the Rides forum where hopefully it'll get more "eyes". :thumbsup:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I promised to organise a ride/drink didn't I. Must get that sorted.

Dogfood (and everyone) - when would suit you best. I can't do this weekend but don't have much in the diary otherwise.

Maybe we should also organise an evening get together so that Solty can join us.

HelenD123

Legendary Member

I went out with the CTC a few times and they were very friendly. There's also a choice of rides so you can choose how far and fast you want to go.

Hey Dogfood & everyone,

Im new to the forum :hello: I live in Cottingham and ride out near Brough on rides regularly.

I tried CTC and they are as you say very friendly, but the distances are 60 - 100 miles which is too long for me really unless its a sportive ;)

If you guys (or anyone else) want to arrange some regular rides this year then PLEASE include me.

Dogfood, if you want to hook up for a ride please let me know :thumbsup:

Just so you know I am hoping to ride tomorrow morning if anyone can make it. Probarbly not ....way too short notice :blush:

Stu.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I tried CTC and they are as you say very friendly, but the distances are 60 - 100 miles which is too long for me really unless its a sportive ;)

Which group did you go out with? I went on the C group rides and they were much less than 60 miles.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A night ride (to Pipe & Glass?)any day but Wednesday would suite & Sundays are better for a weekend ride

Top Bottom