bike building

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza19

hi im thinking of building my own bike does anyone know of any websites that will tell me the sizes of seat post needed and bottom bracket for different makes of bikes as im not sure of what make to get yet

It will all depend on what frame you buy. If your buying a new frame the manufacturer will be able to help.

If buying a used frame then the seller should be able to help, or failing that people here will be able to help once they know what frame it is.

Hope that helps.

boydj

Legendary Member
Once you've decided on the frame, then you should check the frame spec for headset, bottom bracket and seat tube specifications to identify what you need. When you buy a frameset (frame and forks) lots of sites will recommend examples of these items to the correct spec. I'd recommend a frame with external cables and a standard threaded bottom bracket to simplify the build and remove the need for special tools.

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

Once you've decided on the frame, then you should check the frame spec for headset, bottom bracket and seat tube specifications to identify what you need. When you buy a frameset (frame and forks) lots of sites will recommend examples of these items to the correct spec. I'd recommend a frame with external cables and a standard threaded bottom bracket to simplify the build and remove the need for special tools.
hi i was thinking of a claude butler

Top Bottom