Bike buying advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I'm seriously thinking about buying a Bianchi Sprint; this comes in both rim and disc brakes. The rim brakes one is £2200 and the disc brakes one is £2800. I know that rim brakes are easier to maintain but I do like the look of the disc brake one. The only small thing really that is making me apprehensive is that, for example, if I have to fix a puncture, on the disc brake bike, this means turning it upside down which then upsets the fluid balance of the disc brakes or am I being silly?!

I've got rim brakes on all my other bikes with the exception of one.

What do you think?

https://www.northernride.com/Bianchi-Sprint-Sprint-Disc-2020-First-Look-Review-s/2216.htm

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
£600 extra just for disc brakes seems like an awful lot.

vickster

Legendary Member
£600 extra just for disc brakes seems like an awful lot.
I guess the groupset is more (assuming the same level), maybe the wheels...plus the little bit of cashing in on fashion

The hydraulic hoods will of course be fuglier ;)

I would look at another brand, 600.00 seems a lot to get disks over rim.
You would get a nice Canyon for less.

Except you can't try them out unless you live in / travel to Germany which isn't ideal for a 2-3k bike
Yes, very true, I got my daughter a CF7 Ultimate, which fits me like a glove,
I also have a Son who would have got the bike if it were too big for my Daughter,
so I guess it was much easier to part with the money going by the supplied
Canyon geometry charts and what we knew already about our fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think @Glasgow44 has history of buying an incorrectly sized bike so maybe best he buys after trying

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Why are people now getting so obsessed about disc brakes on bikes? Is it the cycling equivalent of ABS and airbags on cars, where many people think they can go faster and generally be more reckless without suffering any consequences?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
BTW - you can turn the biek upside down without any problems. However, why are you turning the bike upside down in the first place?

Top Bottom