Bike camera: micro sd card showing less

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ellis456

Ellis456

Thanks, ive opened a case on ebay for a refund, I agree seems faulty rather then fake, most fakes dont hold anything or drop to a silly size like 8mb.

Im not going to buy sandisk again, there customer service is shocking.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Sandisk can confirm whether it is a genuine card over the phone by checking the serial number on the card. I have used thier phone service, you end up speaking to some dude in the USA.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Just to update you I have sent the card back for another one, am missing valuable recording days!.

If they are that valuable, then just cycle/drive to your nearest PC shop, supermarket, WH Smiths etc and buy a card from there.

Rocket science, it aint.

whitebait

I bought an 8gb card, used SD formatter and turned size adjustment (I think that's what it's called?) on. It reduced the size by a gigabyte or so. Windows disk management and everything else in windows saw it at the smaller size. Stuck it in an adaptor and plugged it into my little ubuntu laptop and in disk utility it showed it as a full 8gb card with a smaller partition. Deleted the partition, stuck it back in my PC and windows formatted it to 7.49gb. If you have access to a linux machine, give that a try. Don't know why Windows ignored the gb or so free space, but linux didn't!

Taking your description litterally it was sdformatter that created the smaller partition and windows that created the larger one.

whitebait

Taking your description litterally it was sdformatter that created the smaller partition and windows that created the larger one.

Indeed! Although thinking back, what I wrote above is wrong. Once I'd done the format size adjustment, windows would only see the smaller partition, however I tried to look at it (right click>properties; disk management etc).

Without ubuntu I wouldn't have been able to delete the smaller partition which sdformatter had created as windows couldn't see the full size.

Once I put it back in the windows PC, it told me I had to format it, but the format failed. I then tried to format it in SDformatter (with size adjustment OFF) and it formatted and worked fine.

OP
OP
Ellis456

Ellis456

Been a while, I had to get a refund for the card and went with play.com for a 8gb lexar card as they have good reviews, should be here this week.

Top Bottom