Bike Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
as in Aldi this week?
It's in tomorrow

Col5632

Guru
I got the gopro hero for my birthday, can't recommend it enough, battery is lasting around 2.5 hours, I got a £10 helmet mount from wiggle and it does the job no problem, also recommed getting the K-Edge handlebar mount for they days when you want to catch the scenery :okay:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Does anyone know if the Aldi camera fits the aftermarket GoPro accessories ?

Also just bought a Virb basic from amazon - experience so far on post from other thread:

I've bought a Virb basic - with the bike mount & extra battery for +£12. The mini-B USB cable was faulty out of the box, but fortunately my Etrex mini-B cables work fine - Garmin are sending a new mini B lead. The Virb came with 2.6 firmware - so I updated immediately to 4, using Garmin Express. 32Gb Class10 mSD in.

Mostly interested in the time-lapse. So far I've mounted the unit on the handlebars, and done a couple of 10 mile time lapse vids on the commmute. Impressed, quality is very good - bumpy roads in deep shadow (low light) possibly more prone to some blur, but not a huge issue. 30-40mins of 1080p, 0.5s capture doesn't make much dent on the battery life, and having the spare battery and ability to time lapse record with USB battery pack attached (in the dry) is good. I've tried both wide and Ultra-zoom settings, both seem good. Using Virb edit I overlaid my Etrex captured gpx onto the timelapse video with the simple manual alignment feature, and it's spot on. I like the speed/altitude/compass heading, and route progress indicators.

So far so good. Going to try time lapsing the whole of Sunday's 100km..

Last year I bought one of the ebay mini F9 cams for £30. OK, but in about 8 months the battery (non-removable) life went down from 1hr+ to 20 mins!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Anyone got an opinion on the SJ4000 or the Möbius?
I use the SJ4000 wifi as it has video lapse..
cheap cheerful and it does the job I want..
only downside I find as it records in .MOV but if you are savvy with Avidemux then that's no problem.
A lot of fakes about though..
review HERE

There are aluminium mounts available on Ebay for them (and Go Pros) HERE

Top Bottom