Bike Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roscco

Hi, after looking at youtube videos im tempted to buy a bike camera, any advice on the best one to get. I wont need more than a few hours recording time. I see on ebay they range from £15 up to the £100+. Are the cheaper ones any good???

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Cheap Chinese knock-offs are likely to last a few weeks to a few months before failing, but I know some people buy a number of them and consider them cheap enough to treat them as consumables at that price.

Your problem with any of the lower-end ones is going to be the 'few hours' recording time you're after. The real cheapos have battery-life of 20-40 mins, and even mid-range ones typically give an hour or two. You're going to have to look high-end if you really need that kind of recording time. If you do, and can afford it, I highly recommend the POV1.5.

BSRU

A Human Being
Unfortunately you pay for what get, more money means better picture quality, build, more features, more mounting options, etc.
I started of with the cheap EBay cameras and the were fine, fairly narrow viewing angle and cars have to fairly close in front of you for reading registration plates. Build quality was poor and eventually they did not recharge properly, but for for such a small amount not bad value for money.
You may develop a problem that you want better picture quality then you start buying more expensive stuff, like me:whistle:. I have a ContourHD 1080p, excellent camera for the money, used it every commuting day for the past five months and absolutely no problems. With the release of the new ContourHD GPS the 1080p has start to come down in price. I also have a DogCamSport h720 mini DVR system which is a quality bit of kit but not as good as the ContourHD, although it knocks the pants of the ContourHD on unlit roads at night.
There recording times are only limited by the number of spare memory cards and spare batteries you have.

Gramza

I have also bought many H720 mini DVR systems from DogcamSport, i like this products very much, because the its price is not high just the same as a mobile phone,especially it's good for filming our wonderful moments when we doing outsite activities with my friends and families.
The function of motion-activate is sepcially welcomed by peoples. The car mode function is convenient when you are driving a car. I have got a 8gb TF card ,i think it is enough for recording on the 8gb tf card when recording in motion detection.

If you think the battery is not enough for recording for 24hours ,you can use the car charger supplying power for the units working. I think it is successful kit to us. And they are having a new product ( mini dvr3) , it will also do the trick,i will try it soon.

Top Bottom