Bike Carrier advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeilEB

Ok, so my new bike was ready for collection - looks very nice, but there's no way it'll fit in my car (a little Peugoet 106).

So I enquired about a bike rack, only to be told that the cheapest they have is £120.....that's like half the cost of the bike.

Now I know for a fact that Halfords do one for £50 that can carry three bikes - just wondering which people would recommend. I really don't want to be spending silly money on it.

My local Aldi still had some in a couple of days ago from the specials they ran a week or so ago.

OP
OP
N

NeilEB

I'm 'happy' spending £50 on a 3 bike carrier (especially as Evans seem to have accidentally given me a £50 discount on the bike :whistle:) , just don't want to have to pay £120

athenanike5

We have a Revolution Shuttle 3-Bike Carrier which we bought from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative for £70 (OK, £69.99). You can buy online here (we have a totally different shape of car from the one in the picture, and it fits fine). We had a cheap bike rack years ago (can't remember the brand - sorry) and it was an absolute nightmare - it slipped around all over the place - but this one seems great (we've had it a couple of months and use it a lot). We're about to set out for the far side of the country with the bikes and are feeling confident that they will get there safely, which makes a nice change.

Ok, so my new bike was ready for collection - looks very nice, but there's no way it'll fit in my car (a little Peugoet 106).

So I enquired about a bike rack, only to be told that the cheapest they have is £120.....that's like half the cost of the bike.

Now I know for a fact that Halfords do one for £50 that can carry three bikes - just wondering which people would recommend. I really don't want to be spending silly money on it.

kishin

Über Member
I bought this one for £50.00 a few weeks ago to take my bike the 300 mile round trip to London and back up the M4. I'm pleased with it and on my car it holds the bike high enough not to obscure the lights or number plate.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I can get my bikes in the back of my wife's Nissan Micra - I just drop the back seats down and remove the front wheel. In my experience most small hatchbacks will take a bike if you try.

kishin

Über Member
That looks similar to the one I saw in Halfords last week.

How easy is it to attach to the car and secure bikes to?

Fairly easy to fix to the car once you've sussed out what bit goes where. Securing the bikes to it is dead easy.

OP
OP
N

NeilEB

I can get my bikes in the back of my wife's Nissan Micra - I just drop the back seats down and remove the front wheel. In my experience most small hatchbacks will take a bike if you try.

I used to do that before my son came along with his car seat - think he'd object to me putting the back seats down....

Top Bottom