Bike carrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anthonyellis

Hi

We are wanting to get a tow bar to attach a 'ride on' type bike carrier and have heard that the Thule carrier for 3 bikes is easier to attach to a tow bar than the one for 2 bikes. Has anyone any information on this or bike carriers in general?
Thanks in advance
Rob

wafflycat

Go to

www.roofbox.co.uk

There's a link there where you put in your make/model of car and they'll tell you which bike carriers are suitable. I rate that firm highly - they know their stuff.

I got a Tradekar Silverbike II with third bike adapter from roofbox and have to say it's wonderful. Especially the tilt mechanism which means I can still access the boot of the car when the bike carrier (loaded or unloaded) is on the towbar. Been down to Italy, Francis, Germany... with three bikes on that carrier on back of car, plus it's been all over the UK, on and off the bike week-in, week-out, for years as my son was cycling competitively. Easy enough for even me to get on & off the towbar and it's very secure.

EDit: imnportant to stay within the loading of your towbar as far as weight goes!

wafflycat

Speak to Roofbox - they're the experts and will get you right far more than me.

No, I don't have anything to do with the company other than being a satisfied customer ;)

alp1950

wafflycat said:
Speak to Roofbox - they're the experts and will get you right far more than me.

No, I don't have anything to do with the company other than being a satisfied customer ;)

+1

One of the best internet companies I have ever bought from. V. impressive.

Top Bottom