Bike cleaning....

Svendo

Veteran
Location
Walsden
Wilkinsons do 80 for 67p, Morrisons 72 for 67p. Admittedly the own brand type. If the tesco one are packs of 100s then they are cheaper (8 1/3p each vs. 8.375p for Wilkos)
I know, I should get out more!
 

ASC1951

Guru
Location
Yorkshire
Svendo said:
Wilkinsons do 80 for 67p, Morrisons 72 for 67p. Admittedly the own brand type. If the tesco one are packs of 100s then they are cheaper (8 1/3p each vs. 8.375p for Wilkos)
Ah but it could be a false economy. 100 Morries baby wipes last me and my bicycles over a year. The active ingredient is the alcohol in the wipes and I would be surprised if you don't get significant osmotic loss through the packaging. So if pack #5 has dried out by year 6, you might be better getting individual packs every 14 months. But then you would have to factor in estimated price increases by year 6, and the opportunity cost of the multipack investment.....

I know, I should get out more!
But then you would get through them a lot quicker.
 

itchyrider

Aka Chris
Location
london N16
ASC1951 said:
Ah but it could be a false economy. 100 Morries baby wipes last me and my bicycles over a year. The active ingredient is the alcohol in the wipes and I would be surprised if you don't get significant osmotic loss through the packaging. So if pack #5 has dried out by year 6, you might be better getting individual packs every 14 months. But then you would have to factor in estimated price increases by year 6, and the opportunity cost of the multipack investment.....

But then you would get through them a lot quicker.
Guys be carefull because alcohol hardens gloss/enamel finishes thus causes cracks which is no good at all !
 

biggs682

Smile a mile bike provider
Location
Northamptonshire
tried wiping my John Ferns down earlier with tescos own brand ones they took a lot of dirt off so will keep using
 

BigSteev

Senior Member
itchyrider said:
Guys be carefull because alcohol hardens gloss/enamel finishes thus causes cracks which is no good at all !
I shall have to take care not to spill my vodka over it then.
 
Top Bottom