Bike computer for long distance route?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Anyone care to recommend a GPS device that offers turn by turn routing for long distance (~4500km) riding? The

I have a Hammerhead Karoo, which works well, but is limited on how many regions can be stored, and the likely route, crossing multiple countries would require deletion of some maps and downloading new ones during the ride, hardly ideal.

What do others, more experienced, use?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You can do it with the Wahoo Bolt and Roam but in sections. I doubt if it would take the whole 4500km in on hit. I have done 300km sections without any trouble and it transfers over quickly.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Wahoo Bolt. Just asked some of the TCR guys 😁 A Bolt will take the entire 4500km course without any problem.

But somecof the guys do break it down to 300 - 400 km sections.

One guy loaded 25000km route and it loaded. However he did not ride and record it. 😁

si_c

Guru
Most GPS devices are going to have limitations given a route of that length. You will need to split the route down into smaller sections - say each day's ride.

The best GPS to use will be one with which you are most familiar and able to understand the quirks. Personally I would go with a Garmin device or the Wahoo Elemnt Roam as they have built in maps on the unit rather than relying on downloading maps from other sources.

Top Bottom