1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Computer?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by ORrecumbent1, 7 Dec 2017.

1. ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1 Active Member

What's a good quality brand bike computer that only gives Distance/MPH? Not looking for all that other foofarah. Just like to keep things simple. Would like to keep it $50 and under if that is possible. Thanks in advance, TW.

2. Cateye make good, reliable cycle computers.

3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Cateye velo wireless a great basic computer

Spiderweb and ORrecumbent1 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    ORrecumbent1

Thanks guys, I'll look at the Cateye brand.

5. Reiver

Reiver Whistling down the hills, tearing up the climbs

if only something like that existed - they all seem to be packed with pointless functions, just been looking at the specs for a basic model, "carbon offset" counter, what a completely meaningless feature to add.

MPH & Overall Distance in big easy to read font is all I want. Can people now not ride a bike without staring at and playing with electronic devices?

ORrecumbent1 likes this.
  6. vickster

7. vickster

ORrecumbent1 likes this.
  8. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

9. vickster

OP is in Oregon...

10. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

He might have to wait a week or so but there's a Decathlon store opening in San Francisco this month.

ORrecumbent1 likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    ORrecumbent1

Thanks guys but, got pointed in the direction of a Garmin 20 that was pretty much brand new, I went that route. It seems very simple and for $60 I couldn't pass it up. Once it's here, I'll try and do a review on it. TW

Cycleops and vickster like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    ORrecumbent1

All righty then, I got the Garmin in and got it set up. I am glad I went this route as it is really pretty simple to use and is pretty inconspicuous on the handle bars. As a newbie I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for simplicity, without all the foofarah, in a bike computer.

180ncjL.jpg

Aravis and SpokeyDokey like this.
  13. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

I have a decathlon one thats been running perfectly for 9 years - still on the original battery.
    I didn't get on with cateye it kept reading the bumps in the road as a switch off

ORrecumbent1 likes this.
  14. Lonestar

Lonestar Rat Run Cyclist

I use a Cateye Enduro 8 or similar on all my bikes...The older versions.There are newer versions out which I don't like much.

How long does the battery last on your Garmin?

15. Fonze

Fonze Totally obsessive , cool by nature

Does 'Garmin' need to be downloaded to a laptop, or is there a,way it can go to iPad via an app ?