Bike computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foolsgold

I am not sure about the above question. Can anyone recommend a good wireless computer for about £25 please? Only looking for about 8 functions, really only want it for distance.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I think most computers will "forget" if their battery completely dies, but in reality you'll start to notice problems in operation (sluggish response to button presses, faint display etc.) before the battery gets to that stage. Most computers have a function to re-set the total distance when you replace the battery.

thomas

the tank engine
Landslide said:
I think most computers will "forget" if their battery completely dies, but in reality you'll start to notice problems in operation (sluggish response to button presses, faint display etc.) before the battery gets to that stage. Most computers have a function to re-set the total distance when you replace the battery.

I think most modern computers will save the data for a little while after the battery dies.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Llama said:
Just a quick question if I buy this computer from decathlon (DC 7R -wireless), will it lose the total trip distance when the battery dies?

Yes

foolsgold said:
I am not sure about the above question. Can anyone recommend a good wireless computer for about £25 please? Only looking for about 8 functions, really only want it for distance.

If you only want it for distance why bother with wireless? :evil: Just get a wired one there are plenty of simple ones for about £25, try the VDO Cytec C1 for £17...

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
The VDO Cytec will allow you to re-enter your total mileage after you replace the battery. I have the C4 wired, but will probably never use all of the functions... I only use it on one bike for a start !

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
amnesia said:
The VDO Cytec will allow you to re-enter your total mileage after you replace the battery. I have the C4 wired, but will probably never use all of the functions... I only use it on one bike for a start !

I like the C4 as well...:biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
I'm A fan of the VDO C4 too after seeing it recommended on this forum. I broke my first and immediatley bought a second one. Since I now use a Garmin Edge 305 I still have my C4 mounted on my bike but I set it to show forecast time which lets me know how far I will get based on the countdown time I have set and my average speed. If I am after a record time on a training route I know whether to give in or keep pushing for it based on the forecast . I do not know of any other computer with that function.

Top Bottom