Bike Courier needed…Paisley won’t do it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Any suggestions to transport a new bike in a box with dimensions 190x120x20, dimesions outside of what’s allowed by Paisley freight. Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
I had one delivered by TNT, and another by Parcelforce.
Maybe ask your LBS who they use?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Below taken from Paisley site

Bikes​

We recommend our custom packaging which you can purchase during the booking process.

Your bike must be in a structured box, not simply wrapped in cardboard. The bike should also be suitably dismantled to fit in the box. All parts should be securely fixed within the box and bubble-wrap covering the frame to ensure no damage during transit. See our Bike Packaging Guide for more information. Your box must be labelled with the full delivery address.

Your box must not exceed:

Weight: 30kgs
Length: 1.6m
Height and Width Combined: 1.2m
(i.e. when you add the width and height together, they should not be more than 120cm)

If increased liability is purchased, bikes must be in a structured box.

vickster

Legendary Member
Below taken from Paisley site

Bikes​

We recommend our custom packaging which you can purchase during the booking process.

Your bike must be in a structured box, not simply wrapped in cardboard. The bike should also be suitably dismantled to fit in the box. All parts should be securely fixed within the box and bubble-wrap covering the frame to ensure no damage during transit. See our Bike Packaging Guide for more information. Your box must be labelled with the full delivery address.

Your box must not exceed:

Weight: 30kgs
Length: 1.6m
Height and Width Combined: 1.2m
(i.e. when you add the width and height together, they should not be more than 120cm)

If increased liability is purchased, bikes must be in a structured box.

The dimensions in OP are greater

Venod

Eh up
I sent a very large (forgot the size) boxed bike with an extra wheel, with Parcel force.

Ajax Bay

Guru
A normal bike is about 170cm long (both wheels on, maybe xl = +5cm); 100cm, maybe xl frame 105cm to top of steerer / depressed saddle; and with the pedals off a max of 18cm with a 135mm QR axle (plus maybe 1cm for the RD (through would anyone ship with the RD screwed on to the hanger?)).

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
190x120x20, dimesions seems a bit big for a bike pretty sure i use to use boxes that were 170 ish x 110 ish x 24cm and never had any not collected .

@Kbrook are you boxing bike up complete or have you taken wheels out ?

It’s been boxed up complete im now looking at taking the front wheel off to reduce the size

Ajax Bay

Guru
It’s been boxed up complete im now looking at taking the front wheel off to reduce the size
I appreciate it's more work and I don't know what competence the recipient has, thobut.
Prudent pre-transit actions, to mitigate the risk, are:
Saddle down
Either stem off or bars off
Rear derailleur off and taped in between stays. No need to adjust any cabling.
Pedals off (obv)
Front wheel off (remove QR lever): fits neatly alongside main triangle.
Fork dropouts supported (rolled cardboard) and tape or thru axle.

Top Bottom