bike-discount.de

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
MacB turned me on to them. Scary cheap compared with UK webshops. Different league to lbs. Two of my local ones just say "Buy it off them, I can't get it that cheap, and we'll fit it for you." Cheap as in "How do they do it new at that price?" enough to make you suspicious cheap. Very fast delivery. Never had a problem so no experience of aftersales but EU wide warranty rules/laws are your friend. Even though the UK distributors probably hate them.

As User482 says Rose are also good, but I find their p&p can be a bit tasty.

Cubist

Still wavin'
As an avid buyer of bits I can reveal tehre are four German sites worth browsing for comparison. They often compete, and sometimes some will have an item for a bit less, then the rest follow. Best example this last year has been the Reverb dropper posts which retail at £299,but can be bought for about £175 delivered from the Fatherland, including the £30 option bleed kit.

Check out Shimano drivetrain and brakes as the comparators... how about a complete SLX groupset (no brakes) for £200... and that's this year's 3x10! Another example is you can buy a pair of SLX brakes for about £112.00, that's a pair, where they sell them for that each at CRC. Only difference is the levers/hoses are the wrong way round so need swapping when they land. I was about to press the buy it now thing on a pair, then realised that with the reduced shipping costs of a bigger order I can have the M785 XT equivalent brakes for a fiver more. Rude not to.

If you're looking for stuff check the folowing sites. I will also say I have heard no negative feedback from any of them.
Roseversand.com (or .de) (cheaper shipping for orders over 150E)
hibike.de (cheapest Reverb at the moment)
actionsports.de (check out whole groupsets!)
bike-discount.de (amazing deals on Schwalbe tyres, groupsets and brakes)

all of the sites have english versions, some even tell you the prices in sterling.

Vichingo

Regular
Can't recommend enough. On the basis of a post I started I ordered 3 items. I only say this to help ease your mind and not sound like an arse but I bought some very expensive items and they arrived perfectly packaged within 48 hours. truly excellent site and thanks to cubist for the heads up on the other sites too!

avsd

Guru
One order, excellent delivery and would use them again. Big fan of Rose but there pricing has been on the high site for my last few items. As said by a few other poster never had to do a return or use their Customer Service.

Stonepark

Über Member
They are good and never had a problem with them, good for upgrade bits of kit at reasonable prices, makes you wonder why our sites can't match them but only sell at rrp.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I was a little apprehensive with some of their too good to be true prices and being outside the UK, but gave them a go and was impressed. Only used once, but fast service and decent order tracking once youve dug it out of the german pdf invoice ;) No idea on their returns either.

I liked that they shipped the "M+ Tour" tyres in a big box rather than folding them up too.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I've just ordered a pair of XT brakes from Rose. Cost, shipped, was £130 . They're £180 at CRC, £250 at Merlin, just short of £200 at Evans....

By the way, Rose now have a .co.uk site in pounds sterling, and paypal. Paypal may still want to bill you in Euros though.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've just ordered a pair of XT brakes from Rose. Cost, shipped, was £130 . They're £180 at CRC, £250 at Merlin, just short of £200 at Evans....

By the way, Rose now have a .co.uk site in pounds sterling, and paypal. Paypal may still want to bill you in Euros though.

it does make you wonder about pricing structures

Broadside

Guru
If you're looking for stuff check the folowing sites. I will also say I have heard no negative feedback from any of them.
Roseversand.com (or .de) (cheaper shipping for orders over 150E)
hibike.de (cheapest Reverb at the moment)
actionsports.de (check out whole groupsets!)
bike-discount.de (amazing deals on Schwalbe tyres, groupsets and brakes)

Thanks Cubist, top tip there! I had been looking at bike-discount.de but hadn't tried Rosebikes.

I just bought some new Sora 3500 STI's this evening for £85, UK list price is £160 and the cheapest I had found them in the UK was from Parkers International for £115. Thanks for the pointer.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Holy cow, a shimano m191 complete crankset and front derailleur plus a kmc x8-99 chain for £32

Better than the price, you can't buy this crankset anywhere anymore so now I have a direct replacement without any of the chow, happy days

Top Bottom