Bike-eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
Mirrors seem a bit naff but I have found the Bike-eye quite handy. It's especially good if out with a slower partner. It took a while to get used to and, as an 50+ bifocal wearer, the view is through the wrong part of my lenses. Never-the-less it's useful.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Linky?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Here. I've had a couple and don't get on with them. I find they get in the way of my knees and also there are some shapes of frame, particularly carbon, that they don't mix with.

When I did use on I found it useful on say a country lane for a quick check if there was anything coming up behind you but less useful for commuting on busy roads. I now have a bar end mirror on both the road bikes and would struggle to do without them.

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
It fits on my frame but if it didn't I guess I would not be so positive. It's no substitute for looking over my shoulder but is a useful aid to general awareness for me at least. I'm new to this do maybe I'm not typical.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I see: you gotta have skinny legs to see behind them.
Not suitable for me then :smile:
Not so much skinny legs as short legs are needed. There isn't a great deal of room between my knees and the headtube.

Top Bottom