Bike fit near Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
There's also Mike's Bikes in Taunton near the Cricket Ground IIRC

BlueDog

Veteran
Bike UK (Bristol) who are based in the Clifton area of Bristol are currently doing bike fits for half price. I've not had a bike fit there, but they did an excellent after sales job of replacing a carbon frame of mine.

I'd be interested to hear of where you finally go and how it went. Good luck.

http://bike-uk.co.uk/pages/cyclefit

vickster

Legendary Member
What was tne cause of the knee and hand pain? Other than a poorly fitting bike that is?

What was tne cause of the knee and hand pain? Other than a poorly fitting bike that is

Well.. the doc says I may have a small tear or roughness in the cartilage of my knee. I certainly wouldn't doubt him, but, don't really want to have anything invasive done atm. The hand pain was all due to position on the bike.
If you google the guy mentioned above you can perhaps understand why I used him. He spent a lot of time looking at range of movement, imbalance, leg lengths and the like, rather than just saying "that's what the machine says" I have shims under one cleat to correct a slight cant, bars position change, cleats moved about, seat in a different place.... I've only been on the turbo since for a couple of hours in total but it is radically different & no pain:wahhey:....so far, anywhere.
I went to the specialized concept store to have a look & wasn't impressed tbh.
Did you know that a venge has exactly the same geometry as a tarmac? No, neither did I but the fearsomely trendy chap there was most insistent:dry:.

BlueDog

Veteran
Thanks for the info and feedback @steve292. With the good weather on the way, I've also booked a Level 1 bike fit with Scott to hopefully get ride of some aches and pains on the longer rides.

Top Bottom