Bike Fit Problem???

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by grumpyoldgit, 2 Aug 2012.

1. grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

A couple of weeks more into riding,a regular 12m a night & most pains are improving,except my back/shoulders.I am getting a pain on the bump just below my neck,is this a posture or bike fit problem?Riding a hardtail Giant hybrid.

2. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

Make a note of your arm shape. How much are you arms bending at the elbow. Does your shoulder blades arc when you straighten your arms.

I had a similar problem. Mine was solved by slightly increasing the stem length and angle.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It can take a long time for your 'body' to get used to extra cycling some times.

A number of years back, I had a 'quiet' spell - i.e. not riding as much as I did, or do now. Getting back into it was painful - my back would only last an hour, before I was really sore - despite having had the bike over 10 years. Soon resolved it's self as I rode more and more. So double check you are comfortable, and see how you go.

4. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

i have a set of basic measurements , that i always adjust my bikes to first before i start riding them and 9 times out 10its not far away .

so get comfy and measure hieght of bars & saddle from ground up along with fr of saddle to centre of bars and then saddle to bottom of crank stroke , then adjust where poss any other bike you ride to that position .

5. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

6. One problem I had at first was my tendancy to hunch up rather than relax and keep the shoulders lower. the result was pain around that area base of the neck and across the shoulder blades - bad posture in my case.

7. OP
    OP
    grumpyoldgit

grumpyoldgit Über Member

Probably bad posture with me too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice