Bike fitting in London ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do they only give the measurements ? who then actually alters the bike if required to those measurements ?

You take the bike. They put the saddle far too high for me to feel safe, I put it down a bit as soon as I got home. Money well spent :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Primarily a bike fit is for comfort or to correct specific issues, i.e knee pain from incorrectly aligned cleats etc. If your done L2P once without significant issue, a bike fit isn't going to make you faster this time around..

If you were on flat bar hybrid and have bought a drop bar road bike, then a fit may be worthwhile if your aren't finding it comfortable.

Using the same bike - a straight handle bar bike. Its lighter than hybrid

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Speed, time on bike (Plus your natural speed and ability, for your sex, men are generally faster than women).

Comfort, might also come with time on bike (is it a new bike?)

is something specifically uncomfortable, do you do any sort of other exercise, conditioning, Pilates?

When is the ride?

Yes doing physio foe the back

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Can have all the measurements in the world and the best software and laser dots telling you a leg has to be within .00493 of a degree and your saddle needs to be 3.3mm higher,

If it's wrong for the rider it's wrong and this would be more common where a fitter has solely relied on arbitrary numbers

Last edited:

Daninplymouth

Iv been to Ben-efit in Orpington, not very cheap but you’ll be there 6-8 hours. He’s really knowledgeable and booked about 4-5months ahead

Top Bottom