Bike for a youngster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aria30

Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction please? My young lad (7 years old) has joined a club and is enjoying his cycling. So much so, that he's decided to enter into some races.
We'd really like to get him a racing bike, as as the moment he's on a mountain bike, which makes it considerably harder for him to compete.
I've trawled the internet for such a bike, and cannot find any small enough (he's the average size for a 7 year old), please could someone give me any details, links etc to help?

Many thanks
Aria30

Try Islabikes - but they don't have a road bike for 7 year olds - only 9+ but the Beinn 24 is only 1lb heavier than the road bike. Slap some skinny tyres on, flip the stem and put some bar ends on and you have yourself a reasonable road steed.

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/range_page.html

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Giant do one. I've only seen it in the T-Mobile colours, not sure if it comes in any other. Not sure on the price either, but i cant see it being a huge amount.
The LBS near me used/still does have one tucked away somewhere. I could probably get more details on it next time i'm in there if you need.

OP
OP
A

Aria30

Thanks everyone for your help. The Islabikes looks like a good choice.

At his club there are a couple of other youngsters his age, and their bikes are quite old, so I could get something similar off ebay etc if I could find one. Anyways, thanks for your ideas, it has helped me out, you seem a very friendly lot.
Cheers
Aria30

Top Bottom