Bike for Bobby (newcastle)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Hooper

every one ready for this? I shall be wearing my garmin kit and riding triban 3, less than 12 months after breaking my back doing the 70 should be a good day

thefatcyclist

Great day thoroughly enjoyed riding around Northumbria again not done it since a teenager. Tom it was me who said hello as we were cycling out of Newcastle, in my hung-over state I forgot to introduce myself. Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

Tom Hooper

Great day thoroughly enjoyed riding around Northumbria again not done it since a teenager. Tom it was me who said hello as we were cycling out of Newcastle, in my hung-over state I forgot to introduce myself. Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

it was nice to meet you.
how did you manage that hungover?

it was an epic day my first sportive all went to play apart form the shower heading west of rothbury

thefatcyclist

I managed it in 5:19. I was fine after the first half hour or so although cramp in my thighs for the last five miles wasn't so pleasant.
I am definitely going to sign up for it for next year and the cyclone. I will try and drop a stone or two just so the hills are easier though

Tom Hooper

i got a 5:44 but had to have a stop at the top of rothbury and wait for tablets to kick in, the hills wouldn't have been so bad had there been a slight flat and not one after the other

barneybear

I just conquered the ryals on Www.purplechopper.co.uk apart of the middle cyclone so can't be too bad
20x30-CCCD1908.jpeg

Top Bottom