Bike for female from Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
My wife wants a bike to come out with me and the kids. A hybrid. She wants to go to Decathlon and look at them but when I looked online they all look like big heavy trundlers. She's about 5'9 I think. Any Decathlon hybrids for women any good?

J1888

Über Member
How about the Triban Flat Bar Road bike? Not female specificgeomtery AFAIK but looks a nippy number and allows for the upright position afforded by a hybrid. Only £260 too

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-flat-bar-road-bike-black-id_8322664.html

vickster

Legendary Member
At 5'9 really no need to worry about a female specific design, unless she really wants a step through design

Take her to decathlon and a couple of LBS and let her try a few bikes out and choose for herself

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
To get an idea, what's your budget and what sort of riding will she be doing? I'm guessing cycle paths, bridleways, quiet lanes type of stuff if it's family outings?

I can't comment on Decathlon, but Halfords have some cracking hybrids to suit most budgets. Mrs ND has a Carrera Subway One, which is a great bike for the money and there are a couple of posters on here who have the Boardman female specific Hybrids which are again great bikes.

+1 to all above. Go to decathlon. Pick up the bikes you like the look of. The will be well constructed and last well.

I doubt you will find a "hybrid" much lighter than their flat bar road bikes, but it's likely she will want a different one. Plenty to choose from.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
The slow drip drip drip of misogyny on this site wears me down sometimes

Me too love, me too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op may be worth a look.

I know @annedonnelly has put plenty of miles on a budget step through she got from there.

Might help balance your misogyny too, Edinburgh Bikes is a co-op, so has some 'right on' credentials.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
She values things like colour, baskets, bells. She doesn't want to talk about gears and wheels.

Maybe I shouldn't go.

Top Bottom