Bike for Tacx Flux Smart Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

areyouactuallymoving

As expected getting bike up 2 flights of narrow Victorian stairs is a right PITA. Given that I want the turbo trainer as a way to make sure that I get some exercise over the winter except for just a weekend ride (Mr AYAM doesn't like me riding the country lanes on my own in the dark so morning or evening rides are out) rather than because I am training for anything is it essential that the turbo bike be very similar to my other one? Won't any bike of a similar size and gearing be fine? Loads of people have bikes with different set ups and switch between them don't they?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As expected getting bike up 2 flights of narrow Victorian stairs is a right PITA. Given that I want the turbo trainer as a way to make sure that I get some exercise over the winter except for just a weekend ride (Mr AYAM doesn't like me riding the country lanes on my own in the dark so morning or evening rides are out) rather than because I am training for anything is it essential that the turbo bike be very similar to my other one? Won't any bike of a similar size and gearing be fine? Loads of people have bikes with different set ups and switch between them don't they?
Any old bike will do. I've had a crappy old Raleigh sprint with downtube shifters permanently on my turbo for 15 years. The set up is nothing like my real bikes. It's purely for winter fitness training. Riding position is irrelevant to me. I even sit upright reading a paper while spinning if I feel like it, and I only rarely do that when I'm out on the roads...

Top Bottom