bike hire - haggerston castle - haven holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycling fisherman

What a true disapointment...

You can imagine my delight as i scanned the generic map of the park that you are given at reception on arrival to find a bike hire facility on the park itself...

GREAT i thought even if i get half a day here or a couple of hours there at least i can get out on the bike !!

After unpacking our bags i quickly announced "i was going to get my bearings on a quick walk"

Of course i was going straight round to the bike hire place !! i was walking round there with great anticipation... i was thinking trek's or giant's or some kind of decent make...

The bikes on offer were an absolute total disgrace, no make, no quality, dirty and badly maintained... I looked at the price and i thought that £3 per day was not too bad really,

that was until i discovered it was £3 per hour to hire these bikes !

I turned around and left the bike hire shed and i just could not understand how management could realistically expect to hire these bikes out especially at £3 per hour ! with no discount for day or week rates.

do any other members have bike hire nightmares ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
well, I guess it's just an opportunistic potential for making a bit of cash without much outlay.... the non-regular-cycling punters from further afield can go home and say they did a bit of cycling in northumberland... you from middlesbrough? not that far away.... could you bring your own bike at all?

Top Bottom