Bike Indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bauldbairn said:
Short and sweet! Congratulations on your 500th post :sad:.

500, crikey! Still a long way to go to catch up with some.

Getting back on topic ...

The OP was from a first time poster and the "suggestion" was by a first timer as well. Nothing wrong with having a first post, we all had one once. As the link was to a patent and not a commercial website I was hesitant to cry foul and invoke the name of the processed pork product.

As to the brevity of the post, rather than going into the futility of adding an extra thing to think about (activating a touch sensitive switch) while one is approaching a turn, I opted to give it the attention and response I would offer if confronted with such a device in the LBS.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
dgreen_ gb said:
Hi people...
I've been taking note of this discussion and I thought i'd add a link to a patent for a Turn Signal Indicator in the UK:
http://gb.espacenet.com/search97cgi...ey=GB2421421B&ViewTemplate=gb/en/textdraw.hts

In short it's for a bike indicator located on the arm and is activated via a touch sensitive switch and utilises an amber light. Therefore is used in combination with an arm signal when turning.

Definitely an alternative to rear indicators but will it catch on or not??

It is not the first, and it probably won't be the last, but it will never catch on, there is no real need, just anyone who actually rides at night...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
HJ said:
It is not the first, and it probably won't be the last, but it will never catch on, there is no real need, just anyone who actually rides at night...

I don't think there's a need and I do a lot of night time riding.

I'd be willing to indulge the idea if they cost say £5. I suspect though that they'd end up costing a considerable deal greater than this.

jonstokes

I've found the only way to ride in heavy traffic is to be confident and aggressive. Make sure before you move you know what's around you and occupy as much space as possible so people see you.

I'd also suggest never filtering to the left of traffic and staying well away from parked cars (b*****ds opening doors). I don't trust car drivers at all, they are just so unaware of cyclists. I agree that lights are essential as is bright coloured clothing.

Jon

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
jonstokes said:
I've found the only way to ride in heavy traffic is to be confident and aggressive. Make sure before you move you know what's around you and occupy as much space as possible so people see you.

I'd also suggest never filtering to the left of traffic and staying well away from parked cars (b*****ds opening doors). I don't trust car drivers at all, they are just so unaware of cyclists. I agree that lights are essential as is bright coloured clothing.

Jon

No need to be aggressive just assertive, there is a difference... :biggrin:

Top Bottom