Bike Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodss

Veteran
I have breakdown insurance for our cars with ETA , Environment Travel Assoc .I have now added my bike, includes transport to a LBS if broken down and more comprehensive cover than household ,more costly but as I tour its worthwhile having such cover.

HelenD123

Guru
I was with Equine and Livestock* and I paid £7.95/month to insure £1000 worth of bike and equipment. They paid out after 8 weeks costing £59 excess after I'd only been paying in 10 months.

They were also really accessible by phone, and if I hadn't done something (like dot the i, cross the t, or simply just kept in touch with how I was going in my quest for a copy of my crime report) they actually got in touch with me to see how things were progressing.

Quite impressed.

*not just for horse saddles, y'know!

This looked great until I got to the bit where you're expected to keep the bike in the house overnight! What's wrong with a locked garage?

lordjenks

are you taking the piss? any premium will be significanty more than you paid for the bike!

You bike is worth less than 8 pints of beer.

just because he bought it for a certain amount doesnt mean it is worth that amount.
if i am given a free house, does it mean that said house it worthless because i didnt pay for it?
if you have a bike that you had won your first race on, that bike may only be worth 100 pound to someone but to you its priceless.

Top Bottom