Bike issue after a crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markstev27

Hi I had a crash last night on my Voodoo Marasa hybrid bike. I lost out to an oncoming overtaking car and hit a drain and came off. The left brake lever bent slightly and the seat sustained a slight tear (only very small) and the Ergo grip ripped on the edge.
Does anyone know how to repair the seat as Halfords says a new voodoo seat cannot be sourced from the manufacturer. The tear is about 3-4 mm in length on the left hand side.
I think the brake levers will need professional repairing

Thanks

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A small strip of material soaked in superglue and applied over the tear should last a bit, won’t look very pretty but will do until you can get a new saddle.
Best to get a new lever, they’re not expensive.

si_c

Guru
Saddles unfortunately often take the brunt of the damage when doing an unplanned dismount. It's not particularly pretty but a bit of gaffer tape over the tear will prevent it getting any worse and won't cause any problems when in use and you won't see it because you'll be sat on it :whistle:

Bent brake levers need replacing, you cant replace parts of the lever.
Saddle repair is tricky. If you sit on this area, any repair will be felt. If it is outside the sitting support area you can patch it with leather or vinyl. You can glue a patch with contact adhesive. Works better if you thin the edge of the patch.

sasquath

Brake levers are more likely to spin on handlebars than bent, if it's bent then replace, as others have said. Even if you manage to straighten them they will likely snap on stronger pull - not worth the risk.

Tube repair patches(glued type) are good material for saddle repair, soft, tapered edges and adhesive included in the kit sticks to most non leather saddles.

scragend

Thanks I think the tear is only minor so a repair may be possible. Only wanted like for like as its 3 months old

If you don't manage to repair it and want a replacement, I have the original saddle from my Marasa which is unused. I bought the bike May last year and fitted my own saddle to it.

You're welcome to have it for the cost of the postage.

OP
OP
M

markstev27

If you don't manage to repair it and want a replacement, I have the original saddle from my Marasa which is unused. I bought the bike May last year and fitted my own saddle to it.

You're welcome to have it for the cost of the postage.
That is so nice of you. That would be great thanks

Top Bottom