Bike just nicked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

I forgot the key for my home station lock (used to leave the Dlock and cable down there) and I was running late so didn't want to cycle back up to get it, so left my old steel road bike with the cable part of the lock wrapped over the bike but not actually securing it. It was still there when I got home. :okay: It was parked in full view of the mini cab office, who I was on nodding terms with, which may have helped, as well as the undesirability of an old looking bike with toeclips.

Bromptons in London have been known to disappear more quickly than a quick thing

Interesting about the lock just being wrapped....... I have a notion that one of the large-link heavy chains made of plastic could serve as a useful deterrent if plenty of it is wrapped around a bike and fixed object. Light to carry, and unless the scrote examines it (or has the angle grinder), it looks unbeatable from a distance?

My bike specific insurance species insists on a "Sold Secure Gold" standard lock - both at home and out - plus must have a ground anchor when at home

Home insurance just specifies locked to something permanent - I may ditch the specific version next time round, I only started using it because my home insurance at the time was rubbish for bike coverage

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My bike specific insurance species insists on a "Sold Secure Gold" standard lock - both at home and out - plus must have a ground anchor when at home

Home insurance just specifies locked to something permanent - I may ditch the specific version next time round, I only started using it because my home insurance at the time was rubbish for bike coverage

my house insurance pretty good , includes lost /stolen /damaged items and the bikes have cover under named items

my house insurance pretty good , includes lost /stolen /damaged items and the bikes have cover under named items

My current one seems good
I always ring and check just in case - and also to have it recorded that my normal precautions are OK

Had a problem with Tesco a few years ago - they just didn't cover ebikes at all - ebike value £800 was not allowed but £2000 road bike was just fine
Luckily they have changed and seem quite good now!
But I think it is worth ringing and checking for special conditions just in case!

Top Bottom