Bike leaning on turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnym

I've recently acquired an Elite turbo trainer of Santa :-) and have used it three times so far. The problem I have is that my bike is leaning slightly to the left. I've check the floor is level and I seem to have assembled it correctly.

Has anyone experienced anything similar that can help me out please.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
is it the way you've put it on?

OP
OP
J

Johnym

is it the way you've put it on?

I took the turbo off to check it was put on correctly, as for the bike itself it just clamps in unless I'm missing something? The rear wheel sits way over to the right of the turbo unless I steal to the right which isn't ideal

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Will do tomorrow, I'm away from home with work till then. The lean is minimal but Any help is appreciated.

ayceejay

Guru
This is not an attempt at humour but is it possible that you are unbalanced when you ride on the road and somehow compensate by shifting your weight and the trainer doesn't allow this?

[QUOTE 2236307, member: 76"]Personally, I think leaning your bike on a Turbo trainer is the best way to use them. Certainly don't put your bike on one and ride it, they are bloody dreadful, hateful, souless things:thumbsdown:[/quote]

yawn

[QUOTE 2236338, member: 76"]If you're tired, get yourself to bed mate.[/quote]

thank you, doctor - but it's not a physical tiredness - it's the depressing sense of deja vu I get when someone posts something clueless about turbo trainers.

Chris.IOW

I had the same problem with my Elite Turbo Trainer, It seemed to be caused by the wheel being in contact with the flywheel part of the trainer whilst closing the clamp, I found if I lifted the support arms as I closed the clamp so the wheel was away from the flywheel (Probably not the right term!) and then repositioned the arms so the wheel was back in contact It didn't lean any more.

I think the wheel sticks on the flywheel and therfore the bike leans slightly.

I hope this makes some sense, it's a bit difficult to describe, let me know if it's not clear. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
J

Johnym

a2yhemuh.jpg
shouldn't be any lean - can you post a pic?

Thanks for the replies and sorry for taking so long to get
age3y7am.jpg
buruqu8u.jpg
avemu4yt.jpg
back, Internet issues :-(.

Here are some pictures you requested. The lean is very slight, doubt you can see on pictures.

Not sure if pictures help but any input appreciated

Not sure if pictures help but any input appreciated

the lean itself is not really noticeable, although the tyre does look slightly off-centre on the roller - but that doesn't necessarily matter as long as the whole thing still functions as it should. Can you adjust the clamp so that the bike itself sits further left?

[QUOTE 2257393, member: 9609"]Is this how people are learning to ride now? I can't see how it will teach you anything about balance, try and find a grassy path somewhere and get a couple of mates to run along each side - you'll soon get the hang of it.[/quote]

go and have a lie down.

OP
OP
J

Johnym

the lean itself is not really noticeable, although the tyre does look slightly off-centre on the roller - but that doesn't necessarily matter as long as the whole thing still functions as it should. Can you adjust the clamp so that the bike itself sits further left?

go and have a lie down.

The left hand clamp adjusts but as far as I know the clamp with the handle doesn't. If the left hand clamp is moved over the gap is too wide.

OP
OP
J

Johnym

[QUOTE 2257393, member: 9609"]Is this how people are learning to ride now? I can't see how it will teach you anything about balance, try and find a grassy path somewhere and get a couple of mates to run along each side - you'll soon get the hang of it.[/quote]

You should be on stage, my sides are splitting

Steve H

Large Member
I have a bit of lean on my turbo to the left. Not a huge amount, but it is noticeable and annoying. I tried all sorts to fix, but couldn't get it resolved. In the end I resorted to the old fashioned way - couple of bits of cardboard folded over and slipped under the left hand side turbo feet. Seems to work a treat.

If you can't get it adjusted properly, you should send it back to be changed. If you can't be bothered with the hassle, I'd recommend the cardboard fix!

Top Bottom