Bike Mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Are there any bike mags suitable for the non expert looking for few reviews, bit of maintenance, general stuff but not pages and pages of tour de france etc. Most my cycling is commuting though getting boys into it and do a few trials outside of the football/rugby season!

gavintc

Guru
C+ is a generic mag that suffers from being master at nothing. It includes everthing from commuting, racing to leisure. I subscribe, and most of the content is interesting.

domtyler

Über Member
Yeah, Cycling Plus is the place to start. Just don't get sucked into subscribing for longer than a year. ;)

Shaun

Founder
Have you tried Cycling Weekly? (probably more race/fitness focused, but worth a go?)

dodgy

I'd have thought Cycling Weekly would have lots of the kind of articles that the OP is trying to avoid?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd have a look at VeloVision. No mention at all of racing, but lots about utility bikes, touring and recumbents.
Arch of this parish writes some stuff for it. This may put you off... :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
C+ here too.
I also get the CTC mag... it's worthy but oh so dull...

Shaun

Founder
Noodley said:
Why do you need a mag for reviews, etc? when there are cycle forums? ;)

Well unless you've got a wireless laptop or a bloody long CAT5 cable, you can't take it with you to the crapper!! (well, that's where I do all my reading anyways! :biggrin:)

Oh, and sorry for the Cycling Weekly suggestion, I posted it as a means of bumping the thread after I moved it here from Reviews. Come to think of it, I could have just said "Bump" - hey ho! :rofl:

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Top Bottom