Bike maintenance courses near Exeter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A friend of mine lives near Exeter / Totnes and wants to do a bike maintenance course, preferably one aimed at beginners. Her husband recently died and the bikes are just one of a million things she's realised she now needs to take responsibility for.

I'll do some googling but there's nothing like a personal recommendation...

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I don't know of anything official but, my parents live in Dartington whom we visit periodically. My knowledge tends towards older stuff and away from the Glued Soot torque wrench settings of modern bikes. If she was after the basics such as gear/brake adjustments, chain care and wheel bearings and truing, she would be more than welcome next time I'm down.

If she was after something a little more official, maybe the LBS could suggest something? From memory, it is called Hot Pursuit and is on the industrial estate. Being much larger, perhaps Exeter would offer more options?

Last edited:
OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I don't know of anything official but, my parents live in Dartington whom we visit periodically. My knowledge tends towards older stuff and away from the Glued Soot torque wrench settings of modern bikes. If she was after the basics such as gear/brake adjustments, chain care and wheel bearings and truing, she would be more than welcome next time I'm down.

If she was after something a little more official, maybe the LBS could suggest something? From memory, it is called Hot Pursuit and is on the industrial estate. Being much larger, perhaps Exeter would offer more options?
Yes, from what she said, she was thinking about the basics. Not sure how she feels about random blokes off the internet (even delightful marine mammals such as yourself) but many thanks for your offer: I'll ask her, and suggest the LBS.

Top Bottom