bike of the future

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
207mph.jpg

I wonder what it's like to ride.
and can it really do 207mph?

I wonder what it's like to ride

Probably a pig IMO
and can it really do 207mph?

Don't see why not given the right conditions and suitable rider fitness, after all, this one did nearly 205 kph in 1962

Meiffret-130-dents.jpg

You can read a synopsis of the incredible José Meiffret's attempt HERE

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
pritty amazing stuff. - My first thought is the big drive wheel doesn't have to be at the hub, it could be driven by a short offset drive (I,m thinking ground clearance here)
and secondly, gearing, you wouldn't pull off in 5th in the car, your going to need some fancy gears to build you up to it, but once your going - your going to need bloody good brakes!! - possibily syncronised. rider position looks good.
grazia.jpg
on a lesser scale.

you wouldn't pull off in 5th in the car, your going to need some fancy gears to build you up to it.

Or a motorbike;

"Getting under way with a gear of 225 inches was something else again. A motorcycle came alongside and started pushing him. At 20 miles an hour, Meiffret was struggling to gain control. His legs were barely moving. At 40 miles, he was beginning to hit his stride. At 50 miles, the Mercedes with its curious rear end was just behind. With a wave of his hand, Meiffret dismissed his motorcycle and connected neatly with the windscreen of the Mercedes. His timing was perfect. He had overcome his first great hazard."

Top Bottom