Bike on a train

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pope

Regular
Afternoon,

I'm getting the train on Friday from Huddersfield to Liverpool and will be cycling to and from the stations.

I've already booked a cycle reservation for the journeys but the lady who I spoke to, informed me that I had to attach the reservation code to the bike for the duration of train journey.

Has anyone had to do this before? If so, what did you use...I was thinking of taping a piece of paper with the code to the bike.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I just stick mine in a bottle cage wedged in by the bottle.

Yazzoo

number pre written on a luggage tag and tied around any obvious bit of bike dependent on position on train

vickster

Legendary Member
Could 'Bike on a Train' be the sequel to 'Snakes on a plane' with, erm, more bikes :bicycle: and less snakes? :ph34r:

robjh

Legendary Member
Fix it in whatever way you can as people have suggested, but it is highly unlikely that it will be inspected. I've travelled on loads of trains with mine and AFAIK the segment on the bike itself has only ever been glanced at once, when I was at Euston and 5 people turned up with reservations for a 4-space Virgin Pendolino train (we were all allowed on in the end, at the driver's insistence - he knew the limit was bollix and didn't want his train held up any longer).

U

User482

I just stick it under an outer cable where it goes round the head tube. Not that they're ever checked.

Top Bottom