bike on wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darts180

Regular
I seen where people have a metal frame thing fixed to wall and they can hang bikes up there. I got my guitar hanging from wall but my bedroom walls are plasterboard and I've heard of stories of people's tv's falling off the walls. but if you use plasterboard fixings it should be ok yeah. I keep visualising a bike hanging above my bed head, I think it would look cool, u see I'm hoping to get hybrid bike which are a little lighter in weight and it would be a plan to hang it on wall when not in use. what do you think? I've not had any shelfs with dvds and statues or mirror or guitar or dart board fall off the wall yet lol

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The thing with using plasterboard fixings is that it's ok with anything static like shelves, but you start to have something heavy that is disturbed and moved on a regular basis then the fixings will work loose unless the fixings go right into the battens behind the plasterboard.
I wouldn't trust a bike to be hung on plasterboard for that very reason.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ian is correct , however , if you fit a nice lump of wood to the wall and then hang your bike from that you should be ok .... or have two things falling on you :laugh:

25874219438_ea486686af_z.jpg

Is that a practical place to keep a bike that isn't just a decorative item?
You will need to keep it reasonably clean and will need to stand on the bed to put it up and to take it down.
Sounds a faff to me.

OP
OP
D

darts180

Regular
i think I'll give the wall idea a miss, another idea was to put it in the trainer I got by taxc, I will have it facing the tv so it's like a workout while watching your tv series or dvds. I got no room in shed at the moment to store a bike.

i think I'll give the wall idea a miss, another idea was to put it in the trainer I got by taxc, I will have it facing the tv so it's like a workout while watching your tv series or dvds. I got no room in shed at the moment to store a bike.
Can you not just make room by selling and/or discarding some surplus stuff? It might be easier than storing a bike indoors!

Top Bottom