Bike positioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Aches and pain I do occassionally get are 1) my right toe (suspect it might have been broken at some point) - I can feel the outline of my cleat even through the carbon sole. I'm tempted to add some inner soles to try and alleivate that; 2) stiff shoulders from being on the drops (have recently tried to spend more time in that position so I've assumed it's just a case of conditioning) and 3) occassional numb hands (think that's from gripping the hoods too hard and I can elminiate that my riding with my forearms on the bar tops for 30 seconds or so).
the only thing i would add is that numb hands could be from putting to much weight forward onto them - which may help by the raising of the saddle slightly as per Hlab's earlier comment

the only thing i would add is that numb hands could be from putting to much weight forward onto them - which may help by the raising of the saddle slightly as per Hlab's earlier comment

Isn't raising the saddle going to put more weight onto the hands?

I'm not saying the saddle shouldn't be raised if that's what's needed to improve pedalling.

Apologies if I've misunderstood something.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Think the issue is with your stem/bars myself. You appear to lock out your arms which puts all forces through your shoulders, your arms are supposed to be slightly bent.
Your core is supposed to support you, not your arms.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Think the issue is with your stem/bars myself. You appear to lock out your arms which puts all forces through your shoulders, your arms are supposed to be slightly bent.
Your core is supposed to support you, not your arms.
It does look like that I agree - in fact there's a slight bend there. It's also probably due to the fact that in this picture I'd literally just set off (think I'd travelled about 100m). It was an issue originally which was why I dropped the stem length from a 110mm to a 90mm. Also now have compact drop bars rather than standard.

Top Bottom