Bike refurb & repair charities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Refurbished bicycles are available to buy at the Cynthia Spencer Charity Reuse Shop, located directly at the Sixfields Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) in Northampton.


The shop operates in partnership with FCC Environment and HMP Five Wells, where bicycles donated by the public at local recycling centres are fully repaired and safety-checked by prisoners earning qualifications before being sent to the Sixfields shop for resale.

Key Visitor Information​

  • Location: Sixfields Household Waste Recycling Centre, Walter Tull Way (via Sixfields leisure roundabout), Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 5QL.
  • Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
  • Phone Contact: 07710 289843.
Screenshot_20260804-175411~2.jpg
 

Punkawallah

Veteran
I'll add it to the list.

There are so many positive bike workshops - I want to visit them all!

Now -there’s- a tour and a half :-)
 

iandg

Squire
@All uphill I found a new one when wandering Dumfries today - Dumfries Community Workshop - I've added it to the map.

I've only just seen this thread and was about to post to add DCW to the list. It used to operate in a space at the old Debenhams store which is now a multicultural agency charity shop. Started by providing and maintaining bikes for refugees. New premises became available allowing for the project to grow. The move to the new location was made in the summer, during the heatwave, using cargo bikes, cycle trailers and sack barrows to move everything.

20260715_132806.jpg
 
Top Bottom