Bike registration plates to be fitted by Jersey's bike shops?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Should force that politicial to have a numberplate stamped on his forehead for when he wants to walk to the shop...as well as having a tax disc tattooed on his arse. It'll need updating every year or 300 miles, where he'll have to have third party insurance and a health check to make sure he is road worthy.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
An application form will have to be submitted; documents showing evidence of ownership, insurance cover, roadworthiness of the cycle and the like may be required; the relevant fee paid and receipted; details input into the system; registration document produced and posted to registered address; registration plate or security strip issued and fitted; transfer of ownership, change of name / address, loss of registration document and other significant events need to be recorded after first registration to keep the database up to date.

From memory bicycle parts aren't designed in the same way as car parts, and thus consistent servicing would be needed on bicycles to make sure they are road safe.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There were even more negative points than I had previously realised in setting up such a scheme... how anyone could think it worth pursuing is beyond me... that's it Jersey is off the list of places to visit.

Saddle bum

Über Member
April 1st has gone, ennit?

Right, what about the cyclist visitors to the Island, do they have to participate? Good for tourism, not!

If any tosser came towards my carbon fibre babe with a plate AND DRILL, he would find the screw driver stuffed where the sun don't shine.

Small island, the gene pool is rather shallow.

Top Bottom