Bike rides in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Havering LCC ride out of Upminster on Sundays and Gateway CC ride from the Grays area. Otherwise there is a 23 mile Skyride Local at 10:00 on Sunday 17th from Seven Kings Park.

OP
OP
Lucasmik

Lucasmik

Thanks for the info Mr cellophane, and Becs i will look into arranging one - i did just complete a 35 mile route in Chelmsford which was pretty good there is some nice scenery in Essex..

OP
OP
Lucasmik

Lucasmik

I am trying to get in shape as i want to do the London to Paris ride next year, the charity i rode for on the 35 mile trip is looking to host a ride to Paris next year, sounds llike a good crack. Although i wont be dressing up as a fairy this time i can only take being whistled at so many times LOL.

Essex is a short hop to London, Lucas. There are Sunday bimbles, usually, which describe a circuit of London, commencing from Wellington Arch, at Hyde Park Corner (Google is your friend).
Check out the FNRttC thread, or the blogspot, which will give details of 'Weirwolf Rides' (don't worry - that only applies to the women who do them) to the Coast - be it Bognor, Brighton, Southend, Whitstable or Swansea - who knows?
As Becs mentioned, there are many who could hightail it to, say Brentwood, meet for a ride and disappear back to London. Some of us have been known to 'disappear' all night long! (But that's Andy and Dave's fault - my error has long since been forgotten)
The North Sea is nice - but unwelcoming.
Read 'Sunday London Ride' to get a flavour, and sort yourself out. This Sunday is a 'special' for a CycleChat member from St Louis, Missouri - he will be pleased to see you! :smile:
Edit: 'i' not 'a'

Essex is a short hop to London, Lucas. There are Sunday bimbles, usually, which describe a circuit of London, commencing from Wellington Arch, at Hyde Park Corner (Google is your friend).
Check out the FNRttC thread, or the blogspot, which will give details of 'Weirwolf Rides' (don't worry - that only applies to the women who do them) to the Coast
Edit: 'i' not 'a'

Oi watch it Teef! Some of us might bite!

:hello: Hi,

Are their any upcoming rides planned in the Essex area i live in romford and am looking to join in on some planned rides.

Thanks

Gateway CC not a bad club variety of rides from sporting jaunts around Essex to leisurly rides went on one of their's the other week Train from Grays to Limehouse, Regents Canal to Primrose Hill, meal a few beers and back

Also Essex Roads CC based in Billericay was a member a few years back when living that way... good website essexroads.com.....

Still got one of their jerseys...it made an appearance to the last FNRttC Whitstable.

Top Bottom