Bike Right maintenance course (Manchester)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not been on one, but a course on the basics seems like a good idea - if nothing else it'll help you with the vocabulary - it's easy to get mixed up with sprockets and chainrings and all that. Also, if the tutor is good, they may be able to help you with queries about any other little jobs. And it's always easier to do something when you've actually seen it done, as opposed to in a book....

purplepolly

I booked on one in Manchester a year or so ago at a place about 5-10 minutes east of Piccadilly railway station. I turned up about 15 minutes early, so did other people. Half an hour after the start time there still wasn't anyone to take the course. We all went home.

alicat

Legendary Member
Try the Edinburgh bike coop classes. The cost is about the same and they cover a lot more ground. I basically learnt how to service my bike when I went on the course.

OP
OP
P

pedaling

alicat said:
Try the Edinburgh bike coop classes. The cost is about the same and they cover a lot more ground. I basically learnt how to service my bike when I went on the course.

The name is deceiving - they're not all in Edinburgh! Just had a look. Will check it out. These ones I found were very suitable time-wise tho. Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
P

pedaling

I found the Edinburgh bike coop classes - but, annoyingly, the only free day, it's one of my best friend's birthday meal/ celebrations. I'll be checking back to find when they've got some more!

Top Bottom