Bike security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Hi all,

Someone on my nextdoor has reported an abandoned / stolen bike.
It has an Immobitag and is registered on the nmpr police database (C200102211)

But - I can't see any way of reporting a "found" bike to anyone. The police website says you can go away if its about a bike (paraphrasiing).
The nmpr site has the ability to report your bike as lost and pay some cash.

Anyone any ideas? It seems like the tag should be an easy way of reuniting the owner with the bike...

vickster

Legendary Member
Who administers immobitag?
Maybe
https://www.immobilise.com/
Contact them on Twitter or
https://www.immobilise.com/contact

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
I tried the websites, but they are all geared to reporting your bike lost, not reporting that a bike has been found.
Only Police have free access to the database but they literally state on the Surrey website that they cannot help with stolen bikes.

The immobitag website says to take found items to your local lost property office or police station.

If you find an item of property that is marked as being registered on Immobilise we recommend that you take it to your nearest lost property office or police station. They will be able to securely search against the item's unique identity numbers to make contact with the owner and reunite them with their property.

Surrey police under found items:-

Please hand in to a police station or to a police officer or PCSO so that the owner can be traced or the item otherwise dealt with.

Items we can help with:

• mobile phones
  • MP3 players
  • computers
  • tablets (eg Fire, iPad etc)
  • any other item capable of containing data

Most police forces can't help with found bicycles. You can check whether the bike has been reported stolen at www.bikeregister.com.
Some forces do have local schemes; if you've found a bicycle in Gloucestershire, do please take it to a police station.

So if you find a bike with a tag, you need to find a way of taking it to the Police Station who will tell you to b***r off (as far as I can see.
What an utterly pointless scheme.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Well at least you tried. You could email Recipro who own Immobilise, if no joy at the cop shop (did they actually tell you to bugger off, or is that just what is suggested might happen on the plod website?)
https://www.recipero.com/contact

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I tried the websites, but they are all geared to reporting your bike lost, not reporting that a bike has been found.
Only Police have free access to the database but they literally state on the Surrey website that they cannot help with stolen bikes.

The immobitag website says to take found items to your local lost property office or police station.

Surrey police under found items:-

So if you find a bike with a tag, you need to find a way of taking it to the Police Station who will tell you to b***r off (as far as I can see.
What an utterly pointless scheme.
You don't have to take the bike to the police. Phone them to report the find, and cover yourself.

If the owner doesn't come forward you could have another bike.

Top Bottom