Bike selling advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

I've sold two bikes on here, one on FB marketplace and one on Nextdoor.
Three of those I took cash as I didn't know the buyer, one I knew the buyer from on here and he did a bank transfer, which I could verify with my bank immediately. All went smoothly.
Unless it's something really niche I'd always start off here, then FB and Nextdoor.
Why pay to sell if you don't have to?
You have been lucky I sold a chainsaw privately once, ten days later he came back said it was stupid to start .So if you don't want comeback use a auction.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I can't imagine a bike as being 'stupid to start', so I've had no troublesome comeback.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Selling a bike, if some one that wants to collect the bike buys it do not let them pay with paypal as they can say they did not get the bike and you have to refund, same with bank transfers be careful.
Know if i sold a bike and some one was going to collect it i would insist on cash but knowing my luck if i did get 2k in cash it would have been printed of that morning and have bank of Toyland printed on it instead of bank of England.
"Friend and Family" transfers, as apposed to "pay for goods" transfers, do not offer "purchase protection" / fraudsters refunds, so are OK, hence people advertising that as a payment method.
Similar I wasn't aware a bank transfer offers any sort of buyer protection, only credit card (and not a debit card) but happy to be wrong if you think otherwise.

Top Bottom